When it comes to the number of people using the platform on a daily basis, WhatsApp is nearly unsurpassed. The app’s broad use raises certain privacy issues. That concern can now be resolved. The option to hide your last seen on WhatsApp is currently being rolled out. Anyone who opens their chat with you will always see the last time you logged into the app. For some people, this may feel too much like an invasion of privacy. WhatsApp had already introduced a new feature in response to this problem.
End-to-end encryption, stored messages, and more are some of WhatsApp’s many security features. When using WhatsApp, you can freeze or hide your “Last Seen” status if you don’t want people to know when you were last online.
If someone sends you a message when you’re using WhatsApp, they’ll expect a quick response from you.
If you do not respond, they may assume that you are purposefully ignoring them, which is not always the case.
You can freeze your “Last Seen” status on WhatsApp in following steps, so you don’t have to worry about anyone finding out when you were seen.
How To Freeze WhatsApp Last Seen On Android?
To freeze your “Last Seen” on WhatsApp, you need to follow 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Navigate to the WhatsApp menu bar and select Settings
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone or tablet to get started. You may access settings by tapping the Settings icon on the bottom navigation bar.
- You can change your profile, check your starred messages, scan the QR code for WhatsApp Web/Desktop, and more once you go to the Settings page.
- You’ll see a “Account” tab below the “WhatsApp Web/Desktop” tab.
- To access your account settings, tap on “Account”.
- The account settings page lets you change privacy and security.
Step 2: Click on the “Privacy” tab.
- Tap on “Privacy” option to navigate to your privacy settings.
- “Last Seen” is under privacy settings. You’ll use it to hide your online status on WhatsApp.
Step 3: Click On Last Seen Option
- To access your “Last Seen” privacy settings, tap the “Last Seen” tab.
- Everybody, My Contacts, and Nobody are the three options that you can choose from.
- First, “Everyone” implies that your contacts and those not in your contacts can view your “Last Seen.”
- “My Contacts” restricts “Last Seen” to your contacts.
- Third, “Nobody” disables your “Last Seen” so no one can view it.
- To freeze your “Last Seen” on WhatsApp select “Nobody” option.
- After you’ve selected “Nobody,” no one else will know when you last opened WhatsApp.
Your “Last Seen” setting on WhatsApp needs to be switched to “Everyone” or “My Contacts” in order for you to be able to view the time that a particular user was last active on the WhatsApp.
How To Freeze WhatsApp Last Seen In iPhone?
The process of freezing your last seen on WhatsApp for iPhone is very similar to that of Android.
- Open WhatsApp > Settings > Privacy > Last Seen > Nobody on your iPhone to keep your last seen hidden.
- It will be impossible for anyone else to view your last seen if you have once it set to “Nobody”.
How To Freeze Last Seen On WhatsApp For One Person?
It’s not possible to freeze your last seen on WhatsApp directly rom certain people or a specific person, however by using a workaround you may hide WhatsApp Last seen from certain people.
The WhatsApp Last Seen workaround includes two steps.
- WhatsApp restrictions Contacts only
- Delete the certain Contacts from your Address Book that you do not wish to have access to your Last Seen.
- WhatsApp restrictions Contacts only
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Choose Settings from the bottom of the menu
- Then Click on the Account option.
- Click on the Privacy option located on the Account screen.
- On the Privacy screen, Click on Last Seen.
- Click on My Contacts option On the next screen.
By adjusting this setting, you can restrict access to your WhatsApp Last Seen to only those people whose contact information is stored in the address book of your iPhone or Android Phone.
- Delete Certain Contacts from phone
- Open your phone’s Contacts App.
- Select the Contacts that you want to delete.
- Tap the 3-dots icon in the top right corner of the following screen, then tap Delete.
Once you delete Contacts from Address book, they won’t see your WhatsApp Last Seen, but you can still chat with them.
How To Freeze Last Seen In GBWhatsApp?
If you’ve heard about GBWhatsApp, you’re probably wondering, “What exactly is GBWhatsApp?”. You may get the modified version of WhatsApp’s Android APK file.
Without having to uninstall the original WhatsApp app, GBWhatsApp can be used on any Android smartphone. It is the best ever WhatsApp moded software for hiding your last seen, online status, and other tricks from others.
Steps to freeze GBWhatsApp last seen:
- Go to WhatsApp settings.
- Tap on Accounts-> Privacy.
- Select the Last Seen option and make it nobody.
Frequently Asked Question
- How do I freeze last seen for one contact?
Ans- Go to WhatsApp Settings >> Privacy, Select ‘My contacts’ under Last seen, then delete the person from your contact list and then tour last seen details will no longer appear for that person.
- How can you know if someone has frozen their last seen status on WhatsApp?
Ans- However, there are a few things to keep an eye out for. You can tell whether someone has frozen last seen if their profile picture has been replaced with a frozen image, or if all of their status updates have been changed to “Last Seen At: Never.”.
It is crucial to make sure that your “Last Seen” on WhatsApp is hidden because you may not want other people to know when you were last online.
There are certain persons who are either too busy to respond, they have forgotten about the communication, or they just require additional time to consider a response.
In either case, “freezing” your “Last Seen” on WhatsApp is the most effective approach to get out of a sticky situation.
This Post Has One Comment
very informative, thank you for sharing